The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Thursday, December 15, 2011

So Let Me Tell You What Happened Next.....

First off, I want to thank the hundreds of you who emailed or responded to the 12 year old girl's plight, after her mom's boyfriend hijacked her HeliOS Computer.

We talked about it here.

I was extremely uncomfortable in the actions I had to take in this drama.  From my perspective, there was real trouble in this household and I did in fact contact a friend at CPS.

I probably shouldn't reveal all the facts due to pending legal actions but as it was investigated, there was abuse taking place in that house and the girlfriend-beater boyfriend was arrested.  He was strongly advised by the mom's father to find residence outside of Texas and Florida has accepted his probation terms and he now resides there.

It is extremely uncomfortable to find yourself in a position like this and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Child Protective Services has a reputation of being heavy-handed here in Texas and removing children from homes on the slightest whim.  Fortunately in this case, the spidey senses were correct.  I don't think I could sleep very well if I had initiated an investigation where things were not as they appeared.

At any rate, this is posted just so all of you who inquired would know that things worked out ok for Marley.  Her and her mom are doing fine and now residing at a different place with a different and unlisted phone number.

I for one feel that the good guys scored one here.  My thanks to PI Rich Hector for stepping in and lending me a hand.

All-Righty Then...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.

I realize that is not profound, but considering how much you agonized over it, I thought someone should say it.

Good for you.

"He was strongly advised by the mom's father to find residence outside of Texas..." Advice that came with very specific hypothetical predictions if the advice was not followed I expect.

Just think, Ken, you brought freedom twice to that girl now.

Eric G said...

Good for you Ken, most dangerous thing out there is the indifference of good men. And i'm glad to see that you aren't indifferent when you see things like this.

I know from personal experience with very close friends just how damaging an abuse person in the house can be. Things should be quite a bit better for her and her mother from there on out.

Unknown said...

"He was strongly advised by the mom's father to find residence outside of Texas..."

No, he kicked his ass and told him to get the hell out of dodge.....seems the dad didn't have a clue this was going on. He came down from Waco just to extend that invitation to him.

Truth be told.

Anonymous said...

Ken,

You and your organization are making the world a better place, a few lives at a time.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

"No, he kicked his ass and told him to get the hell out of dodge.....seems the dad didn't have a clue this was going on. He came down from Waco just to extend that invitation to him."

I like people who know how to communicate in a way that can't be misunderstood. While reviewing my post I wish I could be a man of few words. Sounds like Dad knew how to speak this guy's language!
Paul Sams

kozmcrae said...

I know what you mean about heavy handed. The receptionist at the CPS in my county sits behind an inch and a half of bullet proof glass.

FelixTheCat said...

Another low-life that gets his come-uppance. Love it!

Gavin said...

I would have PAID to see that!! :D

Still, it does make me wonder what the guy's story is...

In any case, Ken, you may actually have stopped an instance of the abuse cycle. Just like that. While most of us this time of year tend to shop for people we do not necessarily like, you clean the garbage out of broken homes. Good for you.