The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Monday, July 08, 2013

Let's Tear 'Em Up At Reglue.....

Sometimes it better to get good news late than never at all.

We have started taking in machines that are way to old for Reglue placement purposes and we've done it for a reason.

Thar's gold in them there motherboards.....

We have found a scrap yard that pays some decent money for computer scrap but he wants it all broke down by components.  In between other Reglue stuff, I can tear down maybe 5-7 a day and I have a whole bunch of this stuff stacking up.  I have quit taking in new (old) donations until I can get what I have tore down and out of the shop.

In a few words, I am getting over run.

So I am looking at the last weekend of July to have a "Tear 'em Up" day at the Reglue facility.  We'll buy the pizza if you an bring a few of your favorite demolition tools.  I don't think the meager amount we have will be enough for 5 or 6 tear-down stations.  Also, if anyone has a pickup truck, we can take a bunch of it down the road about 8 miles and turn it in.  I am open for either day on that weekend so I will wait until I see how much interest we can drum up and we can go from there.

Oh and Unkle Geek....I know you're busy with the move...and you live a bazillion miles away.  I can live with that.  ;-))

As much as I would like to put a bunch of local kids coming in to help me, our insurance company said they will not cover a minor who is there without a parent in the event they get injured.  "Injured" is a broad term...I tear my hands up every day doing this so I have decided to err on the side of not getting sued.

It'll be fun...besides, you should see some of the museum pieces I've gathered.

All-Righty Then...

5 comments:

Justin said...

I'm free that Sunday! Also the weekend prior, the 20-21 I'm totally free.

Keep me posted, this sounds like fun!

Amenditman said...

Tools, technology, and demolition. That sounds like what we call fun here in Tampa!

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me.

I'm not sure what tools would be needed, other than a few screwdrivers and a hammer. :)

Unknown said...

Good tin snips are handy, and I have one hammer here. We will be kind of spread out so swapping tools between tables could get cumbersome. But yeah, the tools you mentioned are pretty much all we need. I just don't have enough of everything to go around to 6 work stations.

Ralf said...

This is fantastic!