The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Guess a Stroke Wasn't Enough.....

As if we didn't have enough going on in our lives right now.....

Diane collapsed on the floor yesterday early afternoon, writhing and crying out in pain.  Her entire lower back felt as if it were on fire and her legs ached to the point where she couldn't stand.

Diane has suffered renal failure.

She is again in the hospital and depressed beyond our comprehension.  I've spend the day with her and am now at home tending to the dogs, washing clothes and cleaning up the house a bit.  I have a speaking engagement I cannot cancel but it's only for an hour, then I will go back up and sit with her.

She was beginning to recover nicely from her strokes and now this.  If you have time, I am sure she would be comforted by a phone call or two.  Many of you know her, some of you don't but it doesn't matter. 

She just needs to know that someone cares.

If you want to just say hi or offer encouragement, you can call her room directly at 512 324 4532....that is the Williamson County Seton Hospital.

While they were doing an MRI, they also found some fairly severe disk damage in her lower back so she has that surgery to look forward to but first, they have to get her kidneys functioning again.

If you have time...let her know there is someone out there thinking of her.

I would consider it a personal favor.

Ken

2 comments:

Gavin said...

Wow. That is very sucky. I am sorry to hear this.

What happens now?

Anonymous said...

Truly sorry to hear that. I hope her kidneys will function again very soon!

The spine problems might be the most annoying on the long term. The good news is that it's not life-threatening.

All my sympathy.

--Fred