The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Warning for Lobby4Linux website

Please avoid going to Lobby4Linux.com via any search engine. It will redirect you to a prOn site infected with the smitfraud exploit. I have notified the person who houses the site and have pulled it down for public consumption. It was due for an overhaul anyway so it's not a big deal, just be warned.....in Windows it would be a mess...in Linux it's just an embarassment.

h

2 comments:

kozmcrae said...

Well, in that case I won't mention how many times I've been embarrassed using Linux ;-).

Anonymous said...

thanks for pulling that down helios. I had ran into that a couple days ago and meant to email you with it but I just forgot. It did mess up firefox but I remembered I had noscript installed but was allowing all scripts. Once I was able to get the right options clicked, it was harmless. I can imagine what a windows user might be going through there.

How did you get infected on your entire website?

Robert Myers