The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hard times with Hard Drives

Well folks...we're not doing too well on our hard drive drive. Since posting it two weeks ago, not one person has come forward to offer a hard drive. That's fine, hard drives are just not something you might have laying around the house. We took the liberty of doing some shopping and found a lady in Cedar Park Texas with several of them left over from her husband's computer repair business. She is willing to part with the entire box of 11 for 90 dollars.

If you could, please give us a hand raising that 90 bucks. We've had 5 computers ready to go out the door and all we lack are the hard drives. We've got kids waiting on these machines so any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Ken

3 comments:

Amenditman said...

Helios,

I just sent you some of my eBay proceeds for your hard drive drive. It's great what you can do when cleaning up the house.

Hope a bunch of other folks will do the same.

Keep up the good work.

Amenditman

Unknown said...

Thank you.

You would think that a paltry 90 bucks would be loose change. It is for some...unfortunately, us linux users are not among that number.

What I find truly amusing is the allegation that we are somehow "scamming" the community. Were it to be so, I sure would have picked a much more affluent community to scam...AND I would have made sure half of them did not know my physical address and physical location at any given time of the day.

Some people's kids...

Thanks much. I appreciate your gesture and have taken note of said fundraising methods. I will employ them myself soon.

Ken

Unknown said...

I made a donation of $10. Hope it would inspire other folks to match it.