The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Texas Linux Fest Seeks Koha Guru

The first Texas Linux Fest was, by most measures, a success.

Personally, I attended as a voyeur...attending many of the talks and I caught Joe Brockmeier's keynote.  Something I enjoyed throughly.  I also messed around and learned some things...both about Linux and the people that breath the rarefied air at the top.

My hat is off to Nathan Willis and others who made it happen.

2011 promises to raise the bar.  A recent call for papers was announced and the TLF team is now sifting through the huge pile of submissions, trying to lay out an informative and entertaining event.

No doubt they will succeed.

Nate contacted me recently and asked me if I knew anyone who used or was familiar with Koha.

"Koha is a Full-featured ILS. In use worldwide in libraries of all sizes, Koha is a true enterprise-class ILS with comprehensive functionality including basic or advanced options. Koha includes modules for circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reserves, patron management, branch relationships, and more. For a comprehensive overview of features visit the Koha feature map."

The TLF is interested in having someone talk about Koha during the 2011 event.  Texas Linux Fest will kick off on the 2nd of April and run through the weekend.  Here are some important dates you might find useful.

  • January 17: Call For Papers opens
  • February 14, 11:59 p.m.: Deadline for proposals
  • February 25: Last date for notification of submission acceptance

If you are interested in presenting information about Koha, visit the above link for call for papers and we'll get the spotlight set up for you.

All-Righty Then...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heya, the correct link for Koha is
http://www.koha-community.org

I'm the current release manager (for the 3.4 release due in April). But being in New Zealand, I will be unable to attend. Some people I could suggest would be Galen Charlton from Equinox. He was the release manager for 3.2. Chris Nighswonger is the 3.2 release maintainer, Nicole Engard is the documentation manager. I have a bunch more if you want to drop me an email at chris@bigballofwax.co.nz I can hook you up with contact details.

Unknown said...

Thanks Chris,

fixed that link. Will email you for contact info.

h