The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

1600

At 10 AM this morning, I am going to get in my vehicle, drive 4 minutes, and hopefully, we are going to change a young lady's life.

Reglue will install our 1600th computer into the household of a child who could not afford one any other way.


It's been an interesting and life-changing 8 years for me.  What started as a curiosity born of boredom, ended up becoming my life's work.


And never doubt for a minute.....

I have the best job in the world.

So it is with this rather mundane but exciting installation that I announce our year's fund raiser efforts for Reglue.  Having been off of work for over a year, many things have not gotten done.  One of them was seeing to the finances we need to keep doing what we do.  I just wasn't able to do anything else but survive and heal from the radiation and chemo therapies received.  Therapies that saved my life.

And now that we do know, at least for me; life does go on.....

Let me call on you to give us a hand with our Indiegogo.com fund raiser.

And I know that some of you will ask:

"Why didn't you go with kickstarter?"

There has to be a finished product or service at the end of kickstarter.  We did not qualify for it.

But we do qualify for Indiegogo.com.  And as always, your donations are tax deductable.

If you will join us in putting together our next year's funding, I would be forever grateful.  Just as important, if you would spread the word about this effort I would appreciate it.  Many of you work for firms that participate in employee donor matching.  Kind of ironic though......

The largest donation we've gotten from a corporate was Apple.  How weird is that?

For those that prefer a PayPal solution, there is a donation button at the top of the left column.

It's been through the will of the Free Open Source Software Community and the Linux Community that we've come this far.

Here's hoping that I can keep doing what I do.  And thank you for helping me do it.

I appreciate it more than you know.

Here's a peek at the slide show for our campaign.

All-Righty Then

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I shared your link in multiple venues (Facebook Fanpage, G+ Page, G+ account in general). I'll be sure to spread this far and wide.