The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Friday, December 23, 2011

We Bet on This Wallpaper....

Back in the early part of November, we asked our readership to help us design a default wallpaper to go out on our HeliOS Computers.  Submissions were slow at first, with only three people submitting their work, but as November morphed into December, we began receiving several a day.

In most any situation where you have artists of any sort presenting their work, there are always one or two that jump out and shine over the rest.  This wasn't true for our little contest.  Every week, I would guess to myself that a particular entry was the winner, just in time to receive another one that I liked better.

In no particular order, I would like to thank John Chival, Sean Robinson, Mark Adams, Jeremy Gooch and Clayton Ramos.  My sincere thanks to everyone who submitted their work for HeliOS.  Please pardon the fact that I did not assign author names with particular entries.  This is the busiest time of year for HeliOS and working just myself this year has me counting minutes.  I will correct this as soon as time allows.

And the winner?

After what can only be described as "spirited discussion", the kids that received HeliOS computers in the month of December have voted for a submission by Mark Adams.  We've named it "Chips In"



You can see the finalist submissions here.  And again, thank you to every one of you for helping us do what we do.  We will alternate these wallpapers from time to time and all of them will be used.

All Righty Then...

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Ooh ooh! I like the phoenix mirrored in flames! Reminds me of Skyrim! (Although I await the release of the Creation Kit like kids are waiting for Sunday right now!)

So, uhh... can we have them?

Unknown said...

Yes of course. They were given freely to us so I don't see any problems with others using them for personal use.

Santam said...

An idea I am sure will not take much to implement is to package all of them in the installs and rotate them at a fixed time interval. In gnome we can probably do it using something like this http://lifehacker.com/400505/rotate-desktop-backgrounds-in-ubuntu (but frankly I use KDE so dont have first hand experience.)
Kudos to all those who participated - they are awesome .