The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Sundowner's Syndrome

I know that we have several medical doctors and at least one neurologist that read Blog of helios.  If you see this and have any deeper information on Sundowner's Syndrome aside what I can find on the net, please email me helios at fixedbylinux dott komm.   Most everything I am finding is related to dementia and Alzheimer's...not stroke suffers


I would sincerely appreciate it.  I don't want medical advice per se, just some realistic options.

Thanks...

Ken

2 comments:

Morgan said...

please post your finding here, anything can help.
Peter

Anonymous said...

This posting sunk my heart Ken. I'm not a doctor but I helped my Mom through the last 3 years of her life and suffered Sundowner's as well. Of course, my Mom was 87 and it came after a prolonged stay in the hospital after bypass surgery.

Ken, this is going to be a trying time for you. Keep your head, your patience and your love and know that the person who rages at you when it gets dark is not the person you or her think she is. She'll have little or no recollection of any of it.

You just have to stay strong. Hopefully, it's the kind that goes away after a while. I'll hope with you.

Erin