The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Friday, July 03, 2009

Winners Announced

At 3 PM CST, The HeliOS Project held it's semi-annual fund-raising drawing. We have individually emailed the winners but will post their names here for historical record. Should you not want your name to appear here, let us know and I will pull it down immediately, or as quick as I can get to a working terminal.

Again, I want to thank everyone who participated. I have to process the funds so I know who donates and I personally want to see everyone win. That's why I don't do the physical drawings myself. The actual hand in the hopper this drawing was Ami Shellberg from Austin. Ami is the mom of one of our HeliOS Project Kids and volunteered to do it. We wanted the local firehouse to do it but they were slammed with calls all day and it didn't work out.

Thank you folks. Thank you for caring enough about what we do to take part in it. Your particpation insures that it does keep putting along. Now, here are the winners:

Alienware Laptop - Paul Jimenez

Acer Laptop - Kenneth Lambert

AMD Personal Internet Device - Lane Beneke

AMD Personal Internet Device - Ed Matthews

Carla Schroeders Networking Book - Sam Briesmeister

Carla Schroeders Networking Book - Josh Slade

Again, we will be shipping on this Tuesday. Our Twitter announcement said Monday but Monday is a holiday and all postoffices are closed.

Thanks folks...thank you for being part of what we do.

Ken

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all winners, but most of all. Thanks for helping the kids. You are a part of shaping greatness.

As I student I don't have that much in founds to share. Instead I try to share my knowledge as much as I can. After an four hour session helping newcommers to Linux Mint I am now off to bed.

FelixTheCat said...

Congrats! I think y'all will be very happy with the prizes!

Chad said...

first off, congrats to the winners.... bastids! :-D

Anyway, I just had a quick thought. Why would anyone want their name taken off? It's like this is some sacred Linux cult that will disqualify future employments! HAHAHA!!!

This is meant to advocate a great system and break free from the oppressions of corporate shenanigans AS WELL AS helping those who are not as fortunate as we geeks are in regards to technology.

I would gladly plaster my name all over it in bold letters. In fact, I do so right now!
Happy Independence weekend!
Chad Bowman