The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Friday, December 19, 2008

2008 HeliOS Project Christmas Raffle Winners

The following people are winners of the First Annual HeliOS Project Raffle. From Larry, Tom, Bob, Darrel and myself; thank you for making this year's raffle a success. We will be able to build approximately 20 computers with what was donated during this raffle. The names of each winner will be posted here after the Twitter posts at 6 pm CST, 12/20/08. See the winners as they are drawn and posted on twitter.

look on Twitter for helios17.

You folks are a huge part of what we do and we thank you for thinking of those who cannot always provide for themselves.

As a side note, if there are any Austinites or Central Texans reading this, email me if you wish to go out on any of our HeliOS Project installs. It's not only gratifying, it's usually a lot of fun.

First Prize Winner

Clarence Beckham
Alexandria VA

Second Prize Winner

Nichole Uhlik
Austin TX

Third Place Prizes
Autographed Linux Networking Cookbook

George Socker, Owlings MD
Peregrine Concepts, Brush Creek TN
Samuel Woods, Round Rock TX
Robert Williams, Lancaster OH
"watdat", Newark DE
Lee McLain, Cuyahoga Falls OH

Mandriva 2009 Live CD w/4 gig thumb drive

Rich Bacchetta, Rochester NY
Ryan Southard, Harrisonville MO
George Gatewood, Belfast ME
John Pelrin, Carver MA
Jenny Vincin, Missouri City TX

Again, thanks to everyone who helped us get through this Christmas season. I was able to go out today and install two computers in Florence Texas that would not have been available had it not been for the fine people that entered our raffle. From my heart to yours...

Thank you.



All-righty Then

9 comments:

Amenditman said...

Oh how I wish I was in Texas!

Anonymous said...

HeliOS brings a little warmth to winter.
Nice job, gotta love those humans.

Amenditman: I live 20 miles from the
border, thats just close enough.
But if Ken ever invites me over I can
be there in a few hours.

Anonymous said...

Been a while man, sorry I dropped out like that. I went to cover some stuff over in Afghanistan for my company...we've set up a complete open source internet backbone in the southern region. I even got a chance to catch an overland to Ryan's base. He's looking well and in great spirits. He and the rest of his platoon sent their love and thanks for the Phone Cards. When he figured out how much you spent on them he had a small fit, but he got over it. These guys love you.

Yeah, call me and let me know when you need some help and I'll be there. I am back in Temple but commute to Austin every weekday. I can stay at gf's house over the weekend if you need me then.

BTW...have you seen what you know who is saying about you now. I am guessing you don't. He's really doing you a favor. As soon as people like me come check you out, his obsessive hatred becomes obvious.

Thank you for everything you do for our Central Texas kids. I will send you some pics of Afghanistan as soon as I get them developed. I took them with an old Cannon Rebel...better than any digcam I've used to date.

Drew

ryansrants said...

Hey Drew,

Glad you made it back. Thanks for mentioning the phone cards. Kenny could have spent that 3K on himself but he gave it to my Band of Brothers. May God keep and hold him.

I was on a user forum the other day and heard some people from Texas complaining of the cold there. What'd it get down to...35 degrees? Come on over here if you get too miserable, LOL...I can introduce to to a cold like you've never experienced. Even the goats are mugging each other for extra fur.

Kenny, thanks for everything you've done here. We have a CEV in our battalion and we named it Helios. With a 165 mikemike front gun, it makes about as much noise as you do but doesn't quite come close to doing the damage.

you don't like it...come talk to me about it. LOL

peace brother. Be home in April.

RS

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog.Ken.
Merry Christmas and don't get too wasted.

Unknown said...

LOI...

Ken doesn't "do" wasted.

h

Amenditman said...

Merry Christmas to all you who read helios blog.

Blessings

Maryanne Kowalski said...

But it is a cold, lifeless business when you go to the shops to buy something, which does not represent your life and talent, but a goldsmith's. ~Ralph Waldo
keep it up!

Simon Smith said...

Thomas Fuller - Purchase not friends by gifts; when thou ceasest to give, such will cease to love. Keep ti up Thanks for this nice blog.