The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

HeliOS Organizational Day - April 28th 2012

As I come closer to finishing my cancer treatments, I would like to organize a day to get HeliOS back into shape and regain some of the momentum we've lost in the past 2 months.  I am suggesting Saturday the 28th of April as a possible day to get this done.

On one front, we will be needing people to move and rearrange machines and equipment.  on another,  I would like to assemble a team of 3 to 4 installers and get some of these machines ready to go.  We've received a good number of donations and as of now, they sit where they were brought in and I would like to see that cleaned up a bit. 

As it stands, much of this newly-donated equipment sits in the classroom, as the workshop and storage areas are overflowing.  Many of the machines in those areas can be stripped for usable parts and taken to our local scrap metal salvage area and sold for scrap.  We will have a team on that Saturday devoted to doing that alone.

If you are able to attend, we are looking at an all-day affair starting at 9 AM and working until 5 PM. 

As it has been in the past, The HeliOS Project has succeeded on the backs of our great volunteers.  I can project immediately, the names of those who will step forward because you always do and regardless of whether you are a new HeliOS Volunteer or a long-time friend of the program, I want to thank you in advance for your help and your dedication.

Email me: helios at fixedbylinux dott kommm and let me know if you can make it.  If too many people are unavailable for that date, we will change it and announce it here.


All-Righty Then

0 comments: