The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

HeliOS Goes into Recovery

Three weeks ago, Diane inadvertently posted something on facebook that she thought was her message page.  It turned out that it was her public page and the post was imploring my children to get into contact with her.  It was information that I was not ready to make public.

But it's ok...

I am diagnosed with late stage throat cancer and I want to thank the over 100 of you who have contacted me or visited me in the hospital during my 2 week stay.  I am home now.  I am not going to say much here as my energy levels are sapped by chemo and radiation treatment.  I will publish more as the medication rebuilds my blood cells and I regain energy.

For now, long-time friend and FOSS guy Larry Cafiero has published an interview that should answer most questions about where we are as an organization and where we may be going.

Again, thank you for being there when I need you.

Ken

3 comments:

Andrew Cater said...

Keep going, boss. You are an inspiration to others, just as working with the kids has inspired you. Take care, be well and get some rest: thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

As you say this is the recovery phase. Ken, your spirit is strong and your body will follow.

We will always be here for you.

kozmcrae said...

Ken, I wish you well.