The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Saturday, May 30, 2009

U know Ur Old When...


Your mind is your worst enemy. It whispers to you that you can do things you can or should not.

Yesterday, Justin (more on Justin later) and me loaded 70 crt monitors and about 40 computers into a truck.

From the third floor.

Today I am suffering 80% paralysis in my left arm from ligament strain. It hurts like hell.

(edit - the paralysis
is not permanent...only temporary until it heals. thank you for the flood of concerned emails. I am however physically worthless until it does heal - h)

If there is anyone out there in the Austin area with a couple of hours to spare, we could use a hand unloading this borrowed truck. I am not sure how long our truck-loaning friend will remain friendly to our cause with us binding up his money-maker.

Typed ever-so-one-handedly...

Ken

11 comments:

DigitalPioneer said...

Ahh, sorry to hear that man. Get well soon. I wish I could help you, but I don't live anywhere near Austin.

NoobixCube said...

I know how you feel. I used to work at a Salvation Army store, and me and one other guy would spend all day out in the truck collecting furniture donations, and delivering furniture people had bought. That, and playing Tetris with all the wardrobes, beds and couches on the shop floor to try and fit everything together. I'm a scrawny guy, never have had more muscle than it takes to move myself around (thankfully easy because I can't seem to gain any weight :P), and doing that all day was a terrible pain.

Unknown said...

Yep. Know all about age. I spent 4 months off work do to my body deciding it wasn't up to sitting at a desk any more! I'm just lucky that I don't live in the United States, if I did, I'd probably be bankrupt now.

Take it easy for a day or so, and use either Advil or Aspirin to reduce swelling. I'd help if my body would let me, but I live too far away anyway.

FelixTheCat said...

Couldn't help Friday but I can now. Where to go?

Raluca Hippie said...

Ouch... get well soon :)

Sam Weston said...

Shame to hear that you've been maimed by your noble work. I would help but I'm on the other side of the atlantic in the UK and I can't really afford to fly over and help :P Good luck with getting the hardware to it's destination!

Unknown said...

I wish you well and a speedy recovery. I read about your excellent project regularly. Would help if I could but distance prevails!

Regards

Dave Le Huray
Guernsey, Channel Islands

James Dixon said...

Get well soon, Ken.

FelixTheCat said...

Man, I'm going to sleep well tonight. 90+ degree heat and lugging those CRTs from the truck to the storage wasn't easy. Thankfully it was only a dozen feet away but those big CRTs aren't light! :-/

Justin said...

You have my number! Give me a call!

Anonymous said...

Get well sir, the sooner the better :)