The HeliOS Project is now.....

The HeliOS Project is now.....
Same mission, same folks...just a different name

Search the Blog of helios and all comments

Loading

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Asking a favor from our friends...


IYCC is a company started by Linux guy Loye Young. Loye manufactured and sold his own brand of computer. It was a beauty...I am facing it right now as I type this. The crashing economy all but crushed this small business. Everything was in place to succeed when the whole thing hit the crapper for him. While he re-groups, he is doing the little things to try to recover until he is in position to tackle the big things.

We can help him by making his simple portal our home page. It is a simple google search portal with some shopping and unobtrusive ads. We ask that when you do any searches, take the time to use his page to do so and from time to time, click an ad there. If you should have the need to do business at Amazon, purchase computer accessories or buy music, Loye makes a pfenning or two from using his portal.

Loye is one of the Good Guys that got kicked in the teeth by the nasty US economy...many of us suffered. Loye has suffered on levels I don't want to go into...suffice it to say, he's lost more than anyone ever deserves to lose.

This isn't really "news" so it cannot be submitted to any of the Linux wires. Please pass it along to your friends if you would. We want to circulate it as much as possible.

Give Loye a hand by doing the simple things above. It's doing most things we do anyway in our day to day computing. If enough of us do it, it could make a difference.

http://www.iycc.net/

Thank you...sincerely

Ken

6 comments:

Scott Mace said...

Done. This is really a no-cost-to me (time or money) effort to help out when times are tough. It's a no-brainer.

Unknown said...

Also done as well. I have also blogged about it as well, and as far as I'm concerned, the fact that a potential new Linux-based OEM got kicked in a very uncomfortable place is news.

iMagic OS said...

Did it. Hope he gets on his feet soon.

kozmcrae said...

I have a new home page.

All we have is each other. Let's hope that's all we need.

Unknown said...

It's on Digg.

Anonymous said...

I'll make sure I link to it from my blog and IT consulting pages. Also, I meet with my fellow geeks at our monthly Linux Group meeting in a couple of days. I'll make sure they all know about this.

I'm a self-employed IT consultant and have watched my business slow over the past few months but it sounds like he was hit a little harder. We need to take care of the "good guys".